It was such a nice day we decided to try out a new activity I had prepped the other day thanks to this pinterest pin. Another project that we already had all the supplies lying around the house for.
- Empty water bottles (I suggest stronger bottles, if you use really cheap ones the pressure of the rubber band will cause them to crumble.)
- Old washcloth
- Rubber Bands
1. Cut bottom off of your plastic bottle. Cut fabric into a circle large about 2 inches larger than the bottom of the bottle.
2. Put washcloth piece over bottom of bottle and secure with a rubber band.
3. Put some bubbles in a bowl and dip washcloth end of bottle into solution.
4. Gently blow into open end of bottle.
MAKE SURE NOT TO SUCK IN THROUGH BOTTLE! You will end up with a mouth full of bubbles as my daughter learned.
These were a lot of fun to play with. Both she and my 1 yr old had a blast chasing and catching the snakes. My son even found that if he put his hand in the middle of one that was laying on the ground he made a hand print in the snake. As they started to fly off my daughter was busy trying to catch the “clouds”.
Eventually things deteriorated into my daughter getting soaking wet so she tried to make a “body print” on the ground and watch how long it took for the wet spots to dry up. It was a really warm day so she was amazed as you could actually watch the spots disappear.